Senior personal care services help thousands of elderly people all over the United States of America. But just what services does personal care cover and which service or services are right for you?
What Are Senior Personal Care Services?
Senior personal care services are any services that help seniors physically. Personal caregivers help seniors, as well as younger people who live with disabilities, take care of themselves. Taking care of oneself means performing the Activities of Daily Living.
What Are The Activities Of Daily Living?
The “Activities of Daily Living” is a term we coined here at Executive Care to denote the little every day things we all must do to take care of ourselves. We all have to brush our teeth (or take care of our dentures), we all must use the toilet, we all must shower or bathe, and we all have to get around. For young, able-bodied people, these tasks are no problem. But for the aged and those living with disabilities, doing all these tasks everyday on their own can be difficult. That’s why they need personal care services.
Which Senior Personal Care Services Could Help You?
Not all seniors need personal care and those that do don’t necessarily need help with all the Activities of Daily Living, so which services might benefit you or your elderly loved one? Senior personal caregivers can provide services such as:
- Assistance with eating, including meal planning, meal prep, and meal reminders.
- Medication reminders.
- Assisting with bathing or showering, including using bath equipment.
- Dental and denture care.
- Assisting with hair brushing and general hair care.
- Assisting with bowel regularity as well as providing colostomy care, including emptying ostomy bags.
- Assistance with emptying and changing external urinary collecting devices, including catheter bags as well as help with urinals, bedpans, and commodes.
- Providing bowel and bladder incontinence care.
- Performing normal body movements, getting around, and following prescribed exercise programs.
- Assisting with positioning in bed, wheelchairs, and other chairs.
Please note that not all senior personal care services are available in all 50 states. Please talk with us to find out if the senior personal care services in which you are interested are available where you live.
What Will Your Personal Care Look Like?
At Executive Care, we customize all our senior personal care services so that every client receives personal care that is tailored to their needs and preferences. We can provide senior personal care in the private homes of clients or to clients who live in senior living communities. Many clients choose to combine the personal care they receive with companion care and/or homemaking services.