For the families of seniors who have served our country, the Veterans Administration (VA) has a special Aid and Attendance pension program.
This program is for veterans and their surviving spouses with non-service-related disabilities. The Aid and Attendance program is available to help compensate for the costs of caregiver assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s).
Eligible candidates may use the pension to purchase in-home care services. Executive Home Care is available to provide expert assistance throughout the application process.
How It Works
Veteran seniors deserve all the support provided by the VA’s Aid and Attendance pension program. However, the administrative details can be confusing. That’s where we can help.
We will assist you in completing the seven steps required to ensure eligibility for the program.
These seven steps are:
- Step 1: Eligibility Screening
- Step 2: Obtaining original military paperwork
- Step 3: Collecting supporting documentation
- Step 4: Reviewing the completed VA application
- Step 5: Providing updates throughout the process
- Step 6: Assisting with any VA documentation requirements until final approval
- Step 7. Assisting with monitoring ongoing medical expenses to ensure eligibility and avoid surprises
Take the First Step Today
Depending on eligibility, the VA could pay for the in-home care services your loved one needs.
Once you are identified as a candidate for this pension, Executive Home Care can typically start providing home care services within 45-90 days.
To start the process, contact your local Executive Home Care office today.