“Personal Care” is a type of service that we here at Executive Care offer to our clients. It’s not merely a catch-all term for the type of services we provide, but rather we use it do define an array of services that we offer that fall within certain parameters. If you are looking to hire a caregiver to look after an elderly family member or loved one, perhaps our Personal Care services are the best option for you and your family. To learn what Personal Care covers, please continue to read on.
“Personal Care” is our term for a series of services offered to our clients, similar to our other packages, such as Homemaking, Live In Care, Specialized Care, and Companionship. Of course, there is a lot of crossover between the different types of care, but all are a bit different and have a bit of a different overall goal. For personal care, most of our clients are people who require significant assistance with their personal lives, but not so much assistance that they require around-the-clock care. For example, the seniors who are best suited for this type of care, are those who need more than just a little help doing the chores around their home, but don’t require so much care that they cannot be alone.
Personal Care services are intended to help seniors and other individuals who need assistance with their Activities of Daily Living. Activities of Daily Living include activities such as bathing, dressing, transferring, using the toilet, eating, and walking. In-home Personal Care services offer assistance to those who have experienced a loss in their ability to perform the Activities of Daily Living. Of course, we at Executive Care understand that sensitivity and confidentiality in providing these in-home personal care services is very important. As such, our caregivers are well-trained to provide these most important in-home care services. What’s more, our custom-designed Plan of Care makes sure the services are delivered in the most dignified, effective, and cost-efficient manner.
What Personal Care covers
Our Personal Care Plans of Care can cover some or all of the following services:
- Companionship and Homemaking
- Assisting with eating, bathing, using bath equipment, dental/denture care, grooming, and hair care
- Assisting with bowel regularity, self-administered medications, basic skin care and nail maintenance
- Emptying or changing external urinary collecting devices, including catheter bags
- Providing colostomy care and emptying ostomy bags
- Assistance with urinals, bedpans and/or commodes
- Providing bowel and bladder incontinence care
- Encouraging to perform normal body movements and to follow prescribed exercise programs
- Assisting with positioning in bed, wheelchair and other chairs
- Assisting with transferring to/from bed, wheelchair, toilet and chair
Please note that some in-home Personal Care services may not be available in all states. Please talk with us to find out.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our Personal Care services, or about any of the other types of services that we can provide, please do not hesitate to contact us today. We would be more than happy to talk with you and help you figure out if Personal Care is the exact best type of care for your elderly family member or loved one.