What are homemaker services?
Homemaker services aren’t just about making the lives of the elderly a bit more convenient., they can really transform the lives of the elderly. Here are 11 homemaker services for the elderly.
1. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Making And Changing Beds.
How much do you struggle folding that fitted bedsheet? How much do you struggle getting the duvet inside the cover? Now imagine being 75, with arthritis, or a bad hip and trying to do that.
2. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Dusting And Vacuuming.
Vacuum cleaners can be heavy and unwieldy. It can be difficult for seniors to reach some furniture to dust it. Living in a dirty home is bad for one’s physical and mental health.
3. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Meal Planning And Preparation.
Meal planning and preparation is hard. And sometimes seniors just forget. Homemaker services can ensure the elderly get all the nutrition they need.
4. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Cleaning Up After Meals And Dishwashing.
Who wants to clear the table and do the dishes after a big meal? Nobody. Paying somebody to do it for you is money well-spent. Especially for the elderly.
5. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Deep Cleans.
Cleaning appliances such as ovens and refrigerators can take a lot of elbow grease. Not all seniors have it in them to do it.
6. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Laundry.
Laundry is always a pain in the backside. Imagine being 82 and having to carry a heavy laundry basket up and down old basement stairs. It’s much better to let a homemaker caregiver handle it.
7. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Bathroom Cleaning.
Cleaning bathrooms is also tough. It requires force and sometimes flexibility to get into the right areas. This can be very difficult and painful for the elderly.
8. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Grocery Shopping.
Buying a week’s or month’s worth of supplies can be hard. It’s not easy for some elderly to remember what they need, to carry it all, and to drive to the grocery store and back.
9. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Cover Errands And Transportation.
Because driving is difficult for some seniors, homemaker services can cover transportation and other errands.
10. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Can Reduce The Chances Of Contracting COVID-19
By going out less, elderly people are less likely to contract the coronavirus or other communicable diseases.
11. Homemaker Services For The Elderly Open The Door To Other Senior Care Services.
Once an elderly person receives homemaker services, they will be more receptive to receiving companionship or personal care services when they are needed.
To learn more about homemaker services for the elderly, please contact us.