What is “Personal Care”?
The term “personal care” can mean slightly different things in different contexts. When discussing care of seniors, personal care means care that is given to seniors who need some assistance with their physical movements and their bodies. The term personal care is used to distinguish itself from other types of senior care services, such as homemaker services which is designed to help seniors take care of their homes, companion care which is focused on the emotional and mental well being of seniors, and medical care which directly deals with medical procedures and medicines. But what services are included in personal care?
Personal care services
Personal care services are services that aim to help seniors and other individuals who need assistance with their activities of daily life. These are day to day activities that we, who are completely able bodied, take for granted. These are personal activities. Activities such as bathing, dressing, moving around, using the toilet, eating, and walking.
Personal care services are a large part of nursing homes and elder care activities. However, one not need to move to a nursing home in order to avail themselves of personal care services. At Executive Care, we strive to provide all the care and services one could get in the highest end nursing homes, and deliver those services right in the comfort of your very own home.
Personal care is usually quite sensitive and confidential, andare delivered within the confines of their own home.
Executive Care’s personal care services
Because personal care is such a personal and sensitive matter, our caregivers are well-trained to provide these services in an empathetic, understanding, and friendly matter. Furthermore, we have a custom-designed plan of care to ensure that these services are delivered in the most dignified, effective, and cost-efficient manner.
Our personal care services include:
- Assisting with eating, bathing, using bath equipment, dental/denture care, grooming, and hair care
- Assisting with bowel regularity, self-administered medications, basic skin care and nail maintenance
- Emptying or changing external urinary collecting devices, including catheter bags
- Providing colostomy care and emptying ostomy bag
- Assistance with urinals, bedpans and/or commodes
- Providing bowel and bladder incontinence care
- Encouraging to perform normal body movements and to follow prescribed exercise programs
- Assisting with positioning in bed, wheelchair and other chairs
- Assisting with transferring to/from bed, wheelchair, toilet and chair
- Our personal care services can also include companion care and homemaking services
In-home personal care services may not be available in all states. Please talk with us to find out.
Get in touch
If you would like to contact us to find out more about the personal care services that we offer, or if you would like to know more about any of the other services that we offer–such as homemaker services, live-in care, companion care, or others– please do not hesitate to do so. We would be happy to answer any questions you have.Back